Intermediate Distance Fighting Rifle
After you have taken our Fighting Rifle course you may want to know "what’s next?" Certainly our renowned "Advanced Fighting Rifle" is an alternative but if you suspect you will need to shoot your rifle at longer distances this class, Intermediate Distance Fighting Rifle, may be what you are looking for. As you know from your Fighting Rifle class we train for close and fast gun fighting. In the Intermediate Distance class we progress from the CQB mindset to implementing the rifle at longer distances. The class will be spent shooting mostly 50 to 300 yards. Make no mistake that we will be expecting you to use a "Fighting Rifle" so don’t show up with a different rifle than you used in the previous classes or with optics designed for longer distances. We are going to teach you how to reliably hit human sized targets with a plain old Fighting Rifle. Don’t worry either because we are going to make you use your iron sights too. It is very rewarding being able to hit something 300 yards away, and further, with those "back-up" sights. Let us show you how!
Here are four things you can do to ensure you have a great class:
1. Watch these free videos. This will make your experience MUCH better and will answer many questions. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC6EFC9BB68FC497C
2. We respectfully request that students have read "The Principles of Personal Defense" by Jeff Cooper before attending class. These and many other items from our gear list are available at www.TacticalResponseGear.com
3. You WILL be sent a confirmation e-mail when you enroll. If you do not it is typically caused by your spam filter. Notify us if you do not get e-mails weeks prior to class. You will also receive other e-mail prior to class with additional useful information.
4. For more information about our classes and to read hundreds of student reviews loaded with pictures and video clips join our web forum http://www.GetOffTheX.com .
- One (1) open mind
- A Fighting Rifle
- Bring a lunch to the range both days
- One (1) zeroed Fighting Rifle (zero distance not relevant)
- 1500 rounds rifle and 250 rounds pistol ammo All ammo MUST be factory loaded!
- Tactical sling (required)
- Strongside belt holster
- Eye and ear protection (muffs recommended)
- Sturdy gun belt
- Minimum of 5 magazines for your rifle
- Minimum of 3 magazines for your pistol
- Magazine pouchs for each
- Raingear (We shoot rain or shine)
- Hat and sunblock
- Knee and elbow pads (optional)
- Drinking water (Camelback stronglyrecommended)
- Bug Spray
- Pen and paper