With over 25 years of training in the martial arts, Aaron has devoted himself not only to the physical components of defense, but to the psychological aspects of armed and unarmed combat as well.
Aaron has conducted training courses for local, state, and federal law enforcement officers/agencies and military organizations around the country.
Aaron trains amateur and professional fighters, as well as defense-minded citizens in an ongoing basis at Performance Edge, his training facility in Lexington, KY.
Highlights from Aaron’s personal training resume include:
- Full Instructor in Jeet Kune Do (Paul Vunak)
- Full Instructor in Filipino Martial Arts (Paul Vunak)
- 3rd Degree Black Belt in Shaolin Do (Bob Green)
- 3rd Degree Black Belt in American Kenpo (Curtis Sizemore)
- 1st Degree Black Belt in Hapkido (John Pellegrini)
- Certified Knife Fighting Instructor (Paul Vunak)
- Certified Law Enforcement Defensive Tactics Instructor (Paul Vunak)
- Certified Ground Fighting Instructor (Paul Vunak)
- Extensive training in BJJ (Mike O’Donnell)
- Former member of the Straight Blast Gym International (Matt Thornton/Adam Singer)
- Executive Protection Training (Tactical Response)
- Firearms Training (Tactical Response, Andy Stanford)
- KY Dept. of Criminal Justice Training - Firearms Instructor
At first glance Aaron’s training resume may seem extensive. He realizes, however, that it is trivial. The underlining philosophy governing all of Aaron’s courses is Performance over Perception. It does not matter what you have trained in or whom you have trained with in the past. Rank and other adornments on a uniform are irrelevant. All that matters is your ability to perform. Or better yet your ability to learn to perform better. All classes are taught in an “Alive” manner using force-on-force to ensure performance and understanding under real-world pressure.