AKnowledge: The Fundamentals (AK-1)
TO REGISTER FOR THE CLASS PLEASE CLICK
ALL REGISTRATION WILL GO THROUGH INSTRUCTOR
“The Mastery is the sum of perfected fundamentals and practiced, tested adaptability in real time”
“Fundamentals” is not an equivalent of “basics” in a training context.
Fundamentals are guiding principles of efficient performance, the raw materials from which solid and robust building blocks of skills, that make up the structure we call “the fight” are made of.
The basic functions without fundamental principles, the “what” without the “why”- they are nothing more than memorized to one degree or another “things to do”, when very specific issues occur in the fast moving chaos of the fight. The problem is- those things seldom occur exactly as they do in controlled training environment.
In this class we will use the progression of drills designed to impart fundamental understanding AND practical skills of WHY we do WHAT we do. The WHY will transform and fine tune the HOW of the process.
All six basic functional components of rifle craft- safety, magazine change, charging bolt, trigger, sights and sling- will be explained in detail and most practical and efficient ways of using them will be practiced.
Shooting drills will be structured to emphasize fighting applications.
- AK design. Simplicity, function
- Dos and Don’ts of accessories and gadgets.
- Concept of a “battle rifle”- it’s purpose.
- Basic rifle functions: Safety, Magazine change, Charging bolt, Sights, Trigger, Sling
- Baseline marksmanship.
- Less than optimal shooting positions.
- Shooting while moving.
- Using cover and concealment.
- Fundamentals of ambidexterity.
- Working the corners.
- Transitions to handgun.
- Building multi-function drills to advance your training.
- On training methodology: MindSet and Objectivism.