Combative Pistol with Tim Givens
This is an intensive weekend course that covers all of the essential skills involved in fighting with a handgun. There is an all day session Saturday and Sunday 9:00am to 6:00pm.
Topics covered in this course will include:
- Rapid presentation from concealed carry
- Effective gun handling technques, designed to work under stress
- Rapid reloading techniques
- High Speed accuracy at close ranges
- Precision shooting at mid-ranges
- Shooting effectively with one hand, with either hand
- Fixing malfunctions rapidly and reliably
- Proper defensive mindset, personal tactics, and more
- Bag Lunch
Expect to fire about 1,000 rounds of ammunition. This course is designed expressly for the armed citizen who carries a concealed handgun, or the plain clothes or off duty police officer.
Your primary instructor will be Tom Givens, of Rangemaster, assisted by other Rangemaster certified firearms instructors.
Here are four things you can do to ensure you have a great class:
- Watch these free videos. This will make your experience MUCH better and will answer many questions. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC6EFC9BB68FC497C
- We respectfully request that students have read "The Principles of Personal Defense" by Jeff Cooper before attending class.
- For more information about our classes and to read hundreds of student reviews loaded with pictures and video clips join our web forum http://www.GetOffTheX.com
Class location: http://tacticalresponse.com/
blogs/library/18975331- training-locations Classes begin at 0800hrs at Tactical Response located at 116 Wood Ave Street Camden, TN 38320 (Phone:877-7LETHAL ). The Team Room is located at 151 McRae in Camden TN. Please email [email protected] CONFIRM your spot in the Team Room (No confirmation equals no bed).
- 1,000 Rounds of ammunition
- Good handgun
- Magazine Pouch
- At least 3 magazines
- A ball cap
- Concealment garment (vest, jacket, windbreaker, etc.)
- Eye protection
- Ear protection
- Rain gear (we train rain or shine)
- A cooler with soft drinks and snacks is a very good idea.
- You will need a quality handgun and gear. It is a good idea to bring a second gun just like your primary, in case something breaks on your primary gun. Please bring good quality ammunition. You will shoot better, your gun will funtion better, and you will learn faster. Leather or kydex holsters are fine - PLEASE NO flimsy nylon or cloth holsters.