AR-15 / M-16 Armorer
2 Days - $450
The Tactical Response AR15/M16 Armorer’s Course will enable students to become subject matter experts on the workings and maintenance of these weapon system platforms. Taught by instructors certified by multiple AR15 manufacturers, student’s will completely disassemble their AR15 rifle and reassemble it in perfect operating condition.
In addition to assembly of the rifle, troubleshooting performance issues and modifications to the rifle will be discussed. Aftermarket rail systems, trigger assemblies, barrels and magazines will be covered. General maintenance and proper cleaning procedures, as well as issues specific to a department Armorer will also be examined.
Students may bring their own rifle to work on, or may purchase parts sets through the Tactical Response Gear IN ADVANCE from which they can assemble their own rifles (the lower receiver will need to be transferred on a 4473 with associated background check).
This course will require a minimal amount of tools to be provided by the student. Armorer kits will be available through the gear shop. Specialized equipment and vise’s will be provided for student use.
Law Enforcement agencies are now deploying or are in the process of issuing carbine rifles to both Field Supervisors, Field Officers, and Tactical Units. With that comes the need of having qualified Armorers or Rangemasters to service and maintain these weapons on a regular basis, as well as teach officers in the employment and use of these firearms.
This course covers all M16/AR-15 weapons systems made by all manufacturers.
Armorers will be certified in the proper maintenance, care, and repair of these weapons systems, including semi-auto and select-fire trigger systems.
The Armorer Course covers:
- History of the Weapon
- Cycles of Function
- General Disassembly / Assembly
- Identification of Common Problems and Parts
- Identification of Group Components
*Please contact us IN ADVANCE if you want your own AR-15 lower to purchase and assemble during class as well as full armorer's kits. We can make that happen with enough lead time.
Here are four things you can do to ensure you have a great class:
1. Watch these free videos. This will make your experience MUCH better and will answer many questions. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC6EFC9BB68FC497C
2. We respectfully request that students have read "The Principles of Personal Defense" by Jeff Cooper before attending class. These and many other items from our gear list are available at www.TacticalResponseGear.com
3. You WILL be sent a confirmation e-mail when you enroll. If you do not it is typically caused by your spam filter. Notify us if you do not get e-mails weeks prior to class. You will also receive other e-mail prior to class with additional useful information.
4. For more information about our classes and to read hundreds of student reviews loaded with pictures and video clips join our web forum http://www.GetOffTheX.com .
Please e-mail Info@TacticalResponse.com to inquire about the purchase of these items.
- (1) Open Mind
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Armoring Wrench
- Upper Receiver/Lower Receiver Block Set
- Gas Tube Wrench
- Ejector Tool
- A2 Rear Sight Installation Tool
- Firing Pin Protrusion Gage
- Snap Ring Pliers
- 1/16 Flat Pin Punch
- 5/64 Gas Tube Pin Punch
- 3/32 Flat Pin Punch
- 1/8 Flat Pin Punch
- Roll Pin Punch Set 1/16, 3/32, 1/8, 5/32
- Roll Pin Holder Set
- A1/A2 Sight Tool