Tactical Response does not allow the recording of any video or audio during classes (YouTube Content Creators may with permission).
Ever since watching the movie “The Onion Field” (1979 with James Woods) while in the police academy I, like many other cops, feared being disarmed and killed for not having a back-up gun. Even worse would be watching our partner or family murdered and having to live with that horror. The film is based on an actual event where two bad guys get the drop on two cops and one Officer is disarmed. The other Officer is put into the position that if he doesn’t drop his gun his partner will be shot. It doesn’t end well…
We want it to end well for you!
There are multiple reasons and ways to carry a back-up. For those of you who carry one you may not have trained with it, yet. You certainly have not trained with it at Tactical Response!
In this 8 hour class topics include the role and attributes of the back-up handgun, anatomical stopping power, movement and communication. Live fire drills include both one and two-handed shooting, shooting on the move, use of cover and concealment, loading and reloading, using both eye level as well as retention techniques, at a variety of ranges and from a variety of body positions.
Class location: http://tacticalresponse.com/
DID YOU KNOW? We have a Lay-A-Way option for training HERE!
- One (1) open mind
- A Back-Up Gun (Revolver or Pistol of any caliber you choose.)
- Bring a lunch to the range.
- Roll of Masking Tape - https://www.amazon.com/shop/jamesyeager
- 500 rounds of quality ammo for backup gun and 250 for primary gun. We suggest AmmoSupplyWarehouse.
- A "Blue Gun" same type as your primary (not back-up) handgun. They can be found at HolsterSmith.com THIS IS REQUIRED.
- Holster for Back-Up Gun (ankle holster, pocket, belly band, etc)
- Eye Protection - https://www.amazon.com/shop/jamesyeager
- Ear Protection - https://www.amazon.com/shop/jamesyeager
- 2 spare magazines, speedloaders (preferred), or speed strips - http://www.BigDaddyUnlimited.com
- Raingear (We shoot rain or shine) -https://www.amazon.com/shop/jamesyeager
- Hat and sunblock - https://www.amazon.com/shop/jamesyeager
- Knee Pads (Optional) - https://www.amazon.com/shop/jamesyeager
- Drinking water (Camelback strongly recommended) - https://www.amazon.com/shop/jamesyeager
- Bug Spray - https://www.amazon.com/shop/jamesyeager
- Pen and paper - https://www.amazon.com/shop/jamesyeager
- Firearms cleaning and lubrication equipment - https://www.amazon.com/shop/jamesyeager