In the Spring of 2022 Yeager went on his last “Big Mission” and trained 150 soldiers in Ukraine. He and his team went into Kiev while it was 95% surrounded, and was being bombed daily, and trained the people that needed it the most.
In 2013 Yeager went to the Bundy Ranch where he provided close protection for Cliven Bundy and his family from the violent overreach of the U.S. Government.
From July 2004 until May 2005 Yeager was on two Protective Security Details in Baghdad Iraq. His Team was a Tier Two (Alpha) entity that was responsible for the protection of the 8 Iraqi Election Commissioners during the violent pre-election, election, and post election.
His Team was also in charge of the physical security of their offices at the Interim Iraqi Government Building and they worked closely with the Gurkhan guard force there. His duties included acting as a media liaison, coordinating the security force for the building, coordinating with the security force for the compound (Global Risk and US Army), and coordinating with the two U.S. Army Force Protection groups for the area (82nd ABN). Yeager also assisted with the planning, advances, coordination, and execution of the many meetings, plane rides, helicopter shuttles, conferences, and trips that the 8 commissions took to set up and complete the electoral process.
May 1996 through September 1998 Yeager worked as a Patrolman and K-9 handler for the Big Sandy Police Department. In the fall of 1998 his Chief was elected Sheriff of Benton County. In October of 1998 Yeager was asked by Big Sandy Mayor to be the Chief of Police. Yeager held that position until May of 2000 when Yeager was hired as a Deputy at the Benton County Sheriff’s Office. His duties at BCSO included patrol, Tactical Team (SWAT) leader, and trainer for our Multi-Agency Crisis Response Team. In September of 2002 Yeager went into private training full-time and was also Vice President of a multi-million dollar tactical gear company until June of 2004. Yeager was the Firearms and Tactics Instructor with the Camden Police Department as well as the Sergeant over the Reserve Unit from 2002 until 2009 when the program ended.
January 1992 through May 1996 Yeager worked with various Drug Task Force units as well as many local Departments’ Narcotics squads buying and selling illegal narcotics in an undercover capacity. These agencies included but were not limited to the 24th Drug Task Force, 23rd D.T.F., 27th D.T.F., Paris Police Department, and Henry County Sheriff’s Department.
Yeager was a firearms trainer starting in 1994 and he began teaching commercially in 1996. He had taught literally tens of thousands of students with several individuals, tactical teams, and Special Forces teams being successful in lethal force confrontations both domestically and abroad. Yeager taught all over the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Central America, South America, Africa and Ukraine. Yeager had extensive experience teaching in austere environments and Yeager was a certified expert witness for firearms, tactical training and use of force.
Yeager was also a professional writer and had been published in magazines such as S.W.A.T. (Staff Writer), Southern Lawman (Staff Writer), Concealed Carry Magazine, FMG American Handgunner Special Editions and STUFF. Yeager wrote the foreword for the book “Surgical Speed Shooting” as well as being on the cover of that book. Yeager has written a book on High Risk Civilian Contracting and has also produced a series of instructional videos.
Yeager was featured on the cover of the September 2005 SWAT magazine and the December 2005 and June 2009 issues of SWAT had a full length review of his training. His training has also been featured in the “Barrett Annual”, “Shotgun News”, “The book of the AR-15”, and several other periodicals. Kiplinger’s financial magazine also did an article on him in the June 2007 issue. Yeager was featured on season one of “SWAT Magazine TV” in January 2010. In 2011 Yeager was on the Discovery Channel show “One Man Army”, was featured on the National Geographic documentary “Snipers Inc”, "Student of the Gun”, and Yeager has appeared on “Friends of the NRA TV”. Yeager was on the cover of the 2012 “Combat” magazine by American Handgunner. He appeared in the motion picture “Daylight’s End” and “Cherokee Creek”.
- TN P.O.S.T. Certified to Instruct Firearms #00041S - Retired
- TN P.O.S.T. Certified to Instruct Less Lethal Munitions #00040S - Retired
- TN P.O.S.T. Certified to Instruct Chemical Weapons #00042S - Retired
- TN P.O.S.T. Certified to Instruct Expandable Baton #00043S - Retired
- TN P.O.S.T. Certified Police Officer and K-9 handler #97276 - Retired
- Louisiana State Police Firearms Instructor Number #0259
- F.B.I. Certified Firearms Instructor - Top Graduate Award
- TN Department of Safety Certified Firearms Instructor (Formerly)
- FAA Certified to instruct Law Enforcement “Flying Armed” courses
- A.L.S. Master Instructor (Less Lethal, Flash-bangs, Chemical Weapons)
- Expandable Baton Instructor – Monadanock
- Bushmaster Certified Patrol Rifle/Carbine Instructor (Blackwater)
- Aerosol O.C. Instructor – Fox Labs International
- Armor Holding - Gas Mask Instructor
- Armor Holdings - Pyrotechnic Munitions Instructor
- Armor Holdings - Distraction Device Instructor
- Armor Holdings – Chemical Weapons Instructor
- Armor Holdings- Less Lethal Munitions Instructor
- NRA Certified Handgun Instructor #11973397
- NRA Personal Protection Instructor #11973397
- NRA Law Enforcement Patrol Rifle Instructor 44hrs
- Tom Givens Handgun Instructor Development
- OPS - Knife Defense Instructor
- OPS - Advanced Low Light Shooting Instructor Course 40 hour
- OPS - Advanced Tactical Handgun Instructor Course 40 hour
- OPS - Handgun Instructor Course 40 hour
- OPS - Patrol Rifle Instructor Course 40 hour
- OPS - Shotgun Instructor Course 40 hour
- John Farnam Advanced Tactical Handgun Instructor Course 20 hour
- John Farnam Advanced Rifle and Shotgun Instructor Course 24 hour
- Active Shooter Instructor Course / TTPPA 24 hrs
- 28 Hour Carbine Instructor / Jim Crews
- Over 200 hours of Diplomatic Security Service training for Executive Protection from Tony Diebler
- Scientific Combat Method 20 hour
- S.D.S.I. Tactical Rifle Course 16 hours
- Black Water Lodge 32 hour Police and Military Shotgun Course
- Completed various 40 hour Officer Survival schools
- Attended Snipercraft 40 hour
- Jim Crews - Tactical Handgun 20 hour
- Jeff Gonzalez/Gabe Suarez - Advanced Tactical Handgun 18 hour
- Tom Givens - High Risk Personnel 16 hour
- Tom Givens - Crisis Response Team Training 80 hour
- S.W.A.T. Chief Tom Long - 40 hour
- D.E.A.- Clandestine Lab Investigations 40 hour
- Criminal Investigation School 40 hour
- Patrol Interdiction School 40 hour
- Basic SWAT - 40 hour Jackson TN SWAT
- Military Counter Drug SRT course 48 Hour
- SWAT by Smyrna S.T.O.R.M. Team 40 hour
- 40 Hr Police Sniper School
- 40 Hour F.B.I. SWAT course Memphis TN
- TASER User Certification Course
- 5 day Strategos Spec-Ops Low-Light Team Tactics 50+ Hours
- Personal Security Driving Course from Armor Group (I.T.I. in VA)
- Pat Rogers / E.A.G. Tactical 3-Day Carbine Operators Course
- Calibre Press Street Survival Seminar 16 hours
- Glock Professional 2.5 day Instructor Workshop
- Rogers Shooting School 44 hours - Pistol (Int.) Carbine (Adv.)
- Surefire Tactical Technology Specialist Course
- Larry Vickers’ AK Operator Course 16 hours
- Massad Ayoob 20 hour Legal Use of Force “Rules of Engagement”
- “Super Dave” Harrington 24-Hour “Combat Speed” course
- Ken Hackathorn’s “Advanced Pistol” 18 hours
- Thunder Ranch H.A.R.T. (High Angle Rifle Training) 32hrs
- “Adaptive Kalash” - Haley Strategic with Travis Haley
- “Adaptive Handgun” - Haley Strategic with Travis Haley
- “Adaptive Carbine” Haley Strategic with Travis Haley
- Combat Focus Pistol - I.C.E Training with Rob Pincus
- Advanced Pistol Handling - I.C.E Training with Rob Pincus
- Combat Focus Carbine - I.C.E Training with Rob Pincus
- ATK/Federal Ammunition – Force on Force Instructor
- Combative Pistol – Tom Givens of Rangemaster
- Armorer - Remington 870
- Armorer - Remington 700
- Armorer - Bushmaster AR-15
- Glock Basic and Advanced Armorer
- "Super Dave" Harrington "Integrated Weapons"
- Gunsite Scout Rifle Class
- HRCC "Direct Action"
- Costa Ludus Carbine Elements 1
- Costa Ludus Carbine Elements 2
- Certified Affiliate Instructor for John Farnam Defense Training International
- Thunder Ranch Combat Shotgun
- Pat MacNamara T.A.P.S.
- Super Dave Harrington 4 Day Instructor Course
- Thunder Ranch Instructor Development
- Pat MacNamarra Sentinel
- Greenline Tactical - Nightfighter (Night Vision Operator)
- Greenline Tactical - DMR/SPR
- Gunsite 250 (Marksman 1 with Cabot 1911) Sept 2019
- “The Perfect Storm” w/ Rob Leatham and Clint Smith
- Urban Rifle (Instructor) w/ John Farnam
- Red Dot Instructor w/Modern Samurai Project
- Low Light Handgun - Sentinel Concepts
- Gunsite 250 (Marksman 1 w/Canik Rival) Jan 2022
James Yeager: Student FIRST Instructor Second
What Scott "Jedi" Jedlinski of Modern Samurai Projects says: "James attended my RDS Pistol Instructor course in February 2021 at Royal Range in Nashville. Upon meeting James, his disposition was friendly, unassuming, and genuine. All I ask of my students is to keep an open mind, try all of the techniques and evaluate them based on metrics (speed, accuracy, etc). Whether they choose to adopt my techniques is solely up to them. Throughout the course James did exactly that. He tried all the techniques, asked insightful questions, and worked hard. In addition, he refaced targets and helped clean the range just as much, if not more, than the other students. It would be a pleasure to have James back in any of my classes."
WHAT THUNDER RANCH SAYS: What to say about James. Many have already stated what a great teacher he is and how he treats his students. My perspective is the same but with a few additions. 1.There are TRULY only a handful of people in this industry that I actually believe would come if I told them Clint and I needed help….I KNOW that he would be here 36 hours later without even asking why. 2.When James is here… in my home or on the range… I am NEVER treated like the “help” but as Clint’s partner and as a fellow teacher. 3. He is a student at heart and always wants to better himself so that he can be a better teacher. Enough said. - Heidi Smith President Thunder Ranch
WHAT PAT MACNAMARA SAYS ABOUT JAMES YEAGER: I was honored to have James participate as a student during (T.A.P.S.) the first 2 day course. Probably one of the better students I've had. Not surprising since he knows what he'd like to see out of his students. This also made things easier on me since he lead by example on student demeanor. Don't be late, light or out of uniform, etc. Our training philosophy does not differ much but there were a few minor differences in our approach to mechanics that James let flow like water off of a duck's ass. Much appreciated.
I envied James being able to take a course since I want to do the same. I know that I won't agree 100% with what my would be instructor will say, but I will follow James' example and keep an open mind. Thanks!! Pat McNamara
WHAT ANDY STANFORD SAYS ABOUT JAMES YEAGER: "James Yeager is, simply put, on the cutting edge of training. There are many instructors who can teach you how to shoot well on the range. James is that rare trainer who not only understands the critical importance of tactics and the combat mindset, but who also makes them the context for all lectures, drills, and exercises. His focus is preparing students to prevail in the chaos of a life-or-death violent confrontation, and he has developed an innovative curriculum that can contribute significantly to that objective. Every serious student should attend one or more Tactical Response courses."
WHAT MASSAD AYOOB SAYS ABOUT JAMES YEAGER: "I can tell you two things about James Yeager. He stands up for his students when they get in trouble for doing the right thing, and if James tells you something, he means it." - Mas Ayoob
WHAT JOHN FARNAM SAYS ABOUT JAMES YEAGER: "My long-time friend and esteemed colleague, James Yeager, has been a significant influence on me and our industry over the past two decades. His devotion to the betterment of his students, and his dedication to the advancement of our Art, is obvious to everyone who works with him. His training philosophy always puts students first, and he often sets the pace for the rest of us. My advice to anyone who has the opportunity to take a Class from James is to do it at your first opportunity." - John Farnam
WHAT KEN HACKATHORN SAYS ABOUT JAMES YEAGER: “James Yeager has been a student in my classes a couple of times. I found him to be professional, applied himself to all the instruction that was offered. He is a very competent gun handler, good shot, and extremely savvy about firearms skills. He has always been a gentleman and I consider him the model student. I have know James for a number of years. In my book he is a stand up guy, and consider him a friend.” - Ken Hackathorn
WHAT LARRY VICKERS SAYS ABOUT JAMES YEAGER: "James has been a student in two of my classes and in both cases he was professional, courteous and was a model student. I would have no qualms having him in a future class. - Sincerely Larry Vickers"
WHAT CHRIS COSTA SAYS ABOUT JAMES YEAGER: "I just spent 2 days taking Fighting Pistol from @MFCEOYEAGER he stated at the beginning it was 2 days of how to survive in a gunfight. Topics covered were amazingly broad in scope and as explained to the students practicing after the course was a must. This was the first course for many shooters and it's my personal opinion that it should be a National CCW course based on the info from the Draw, Speed Reloads, Malfunctions, Mindset, Use of Force and Post Shooting just to name a few. I was amazed at the broad scope of knowledge passed to the shooters. Were the shooters ready to conduct a hostage rescue after class? NO! However that's not what this class is about. This is taking a raw person and giving them everything one might need if they should find themselves in a Deadly Force Encounter with a basic level of proficiency. I spent 12 days with James and his family and I will tell you, regardless of the internet which was, for a fact created by Chuck Norris, James and his family are just great people. Thank you for the good times see you in OCT. -The Beard"
WHAT "SUPER DAVE" HARRINGTON SAYS ABOUT YEAGER: "Don't get caught up in the negative hype that has been generated in the past about James Yeager. If you have not spent time with him and know the man.............keep your mouth shut.
He proved himself without question on all levels. I am very impressed with his passion for the mission, and his entire operation. I would not hesitate to operate with James in any capacity and will continue to support our professional association...."S"Dave Out"