Tactical Response does not allow the recording of any video or audio during classes (YouTube Content Creators may with permission).
Fighting Pistol is a Pre-Requisite
Fighting Revolver is about the defensive use of a handgun against 2 or 4 legged predators. If you carry a service sized or larger handgun for the street or the great outdoors, this is the class for you.
The class is geared toward full sized Fighting Revolvers. Our definition of a Fighting Revolver is a "Duty Size" gun with a 3"-6" barrel, 6 or more round capacity, a full grip, chambered in a minimum of .357 magnum (45acp), capable of Double Action firing with a swing out cylinder capable of being used with a speedloader or Moon Clip.
(That means that "snubbies" or "cowboy" style single actions are ill suited for this course. Can you bring it? Absolutely but the snubby would be more at home in our "Back-Up Gun" course.)
If your gun says ".38 special or .357" bring .357 or if it says ".44 special or .44 Magnum" bring the magnums...and so on and so forth.
Topics of this 8-hour class include the role and attributes of the revolver, anatomical stopping power, movement and communication. Live fire drills include both one and two-handed shooting, shooting on the move, use of cover and concealment, loading and reloading, shooting from both "eye level" as well as "retention" techniques, at a variety of ranges from a variety of body positions.
Fighting Revolver Intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MJd1uBchpc
Intro Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MJd1uBchpc
- One (1) open mind
- A Full Size (i.e. 3"-5") Revolver in .38 or higher.
- If your gun is a .357 please bring that caliber. Same for .44magnum, etc.
- Bring a lunch to the range.
- Roll of Masking Tape - https://www.amazon.com/shop/jamesyeager
- 500 rounds of quality ammo <--Link to AmmoSupplyWarehouse. (Tell them Tactical Response sent you!)
- Strongside belt holster (Email us if you have a different type).
- Eye Protection - https://www.amazon.com/shop/jamesyeager
- Ear Protection - https://www.amazon.com/shop/jamesyeager
- Sturdy gun belt (double thickness, dept store belts are INFERIOR) - https://www.amazon.com/shop/jamesyeager
- Minimum of five speeloaders - http://www.BigDaddyUnlimited.com or Moon Clips
- Raingear (We shoot rain or shine) -https://www.amazon.com/shop/jamesyeager
- Hat and sunblock - https://www.amazon.com/shop/jamesyeager
- Knee Pads (Optional) - https://www.amazon.com/shop/jamesyeager
- Drinking water (Camelback strongly recommended) - https://www.amazon.com/shop/jamesyeager
- Bug Spray - https://www.amazon.com/shop/jamesyeager
- Pen and paper - https://www.amazon.com/shop/jamesyeager
- Firearms cleaning and lubrication equipment - https://www.amazon.com/shop/jamesyeager